Thursday, November 19, 2009

I almost died OR the fragility of life OR let's go?

I almost died, and since then, since now, I am constantly almost dying. In theory.
I can cease to exist in a fraction of a second AND this makes my life, my second, this one, a gift. This is an easy one, hey? But this is an ever recurrent gift.

Can you keep in mind, every second, that you can cease to exist the next moment?

What would your ethics be? This constant awareness of the fragility of life takes me to new ethical perspectives, particularly about avoiding all types of conflict and all types of waste. I am reading the Tao Te Ching... that's probably the reason why I am writing this... and it's funny because, no tomorrow, typically means, for an healthy catholic mind, no morals... but now it's rather obvious to me, no tomorrow, means, no conflict, no waste...

Not so far as the Tao Te Ching, once, I don't really remember when, I applied for a job in Ulaanbaatar. I was probably dreaming.
Just as tonight...Paris, Paris, Paris... Scotland? Stockholm and Copenhagen Berlin Poland? and Estonia, Latvia? Probably not... Turkey, Georgia, and some...istan, oh yeah! and then the train (not the country!), south africa, then madagascar and moçambique will be missing.

I will have to do it even faster this time. And then Ulaanbaatar. Or am i just dreaming...

No comments: